SAUDI CONSULATES IN THE UNITED STATES
|| Tel: (202) 342-3800
Fax: (202) 337-4084
||Tel: (212) 752-2740
Time: (M-F) 9 am-5 pm
||Tel: (713) 785-5577
||Tel: (310) 479-6000|
|| Tel: (613) 237-4104
Fax: (613) 237-7350
- Hajj visa is for Jeddah, Makkah and Madinah. Should have sufficient amount of money in travelers’ checks, etc., for expenses in the holy land. If any questions about documents required, you can call the above Nos. for clarification.
- In Canada, send a fax along with your name, address, phone No. and fax No. to the above Saudi Consulate in Canada to obtain a Hajj visa application. For the dates of 2001 Hajj or for any other new information, please call the Consulate of Saudi Arabia in Canada. Now they don't issue Hajj visas to individuals, you have to go through a travel agent who can get you the visa, provide you with necessary information and guide you in all respects. Some travel agents in Canada are listed after the American agents in the travel page of this site.
The information about documents required was obtained from the Saudi Consulate, New York for the Hajj in 2001. For further clarification, please call the consulate.
(Updated on January 19, 2001.)
Started issuing Hajj visa
The last day is
The last day to enter Saudi Arabia is
Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2001
Monday, February 19, 2001
Tuesday, February 27, 2001
- Every person wishing to perform Hajj must apply through an agency or society licensed by the United States Government.
This virtually means that you deposit all the documents required with a travel agent who will make all the arrangements, such as accommodation and transportation as a Hajj package and will get the Hajj visa for you. You still have to prearrange your accommodation through your agent, even if you choose not to be part of a group. All expenses have to be prepaid. Just purchasing a round trip airline ticket does not entitle you to get the visa. Remember, no individual visas anymore. Your travel agent will explain the new procedure.
- Every applicant for the Hajj visa must have a certified bank draft for $274.40 to be paid upon arrival in Jeddah to the Unified Agents office. This amount covers the cost for the Guide (Mu’allim), lodging in Mina and Arafat and transportion. It should be submitted to the Saudi Consulate for perusal. The certified bank draft must bear the name of the person, his nationality, passport No. with place and date of issue.
Children under 7 -------------------- Free
Children 7-15 years old----------- Half the amount, $137.20
This amount should be included in the certified bank draft.
Date of birth of all children must be indicated on the passport.
- The visa application must be filled out completely, accurately and signed by the applicant.
- One recent photograph passport size must be attached.
(Some travel agents require two color photos, one for the visa application and the other for the group identification card)
- In addition, the statement written on the back of the application form must be read carefully and signed.
- If someone has a non-Muslim name, he or she should submit a certificate from a mosque or an Islamic center stating that the applicant is a Muslim.
- A valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of submitting the application.
- A confirmed, non-refundable round trip airline ticket to and from Jeddah must be attached.
All pilgrims are requested to leave Saudi Arabia no later than Muharram 10, 1422 Hijri, i.e., April 4, 2001.
- A permanent resident should submit to the Saudi Consulate his original green card.
- It is recommended that every pilgrim should take with him 8 passport size photos to use in all official matters upon his arrival in Saudi Arabia. (This is not a requirement to get the Hajj visa).
- If a female is proceeding to perform Hajj, she must be accompanied by a legal mahram.
To prove her relationship to the mahram, she should submit the necessary notarized legal document. Moreover, the accompanying mahram will be forbidden to leave the kingdom on his own.
Note: A woman 45 years old or older is allowed to go without a mahram, if she travels with an organized group or family and submits a No Objection Certificate from her mahram.
- A vaccination certificate against meningitis to be seen by the consulate and by the Saudi airport authorities. The vaccination should have been done 10 days (or earlier) prior to entering Saudi Arabia. The validity for this vaccination is for 3 years.
- The Hajj visa is free.
Click here to view the
Hajj Visa Application Form
The original form has Arabic along side English text. While waiting for the original form by mail, you may temporarily fill out this form and obtain everything required.
Click here for English translation of
Marriage Certificate Form (for Pakistanis only)
Please fill out this English version of Nikah Namah and get it attested by the Pakistan Consulate or any Notary Public.
TO PROVE RELATIONSHIP TO MAHRAM
(This is not a prescribed form, just an idea. You may use your own words)
prove relationship of -------------------------------- to her Mahram -----------------------------.
We, --------------------- and --------------------, residents of 110-29 17 Street, Seaview, New York 19470, do hereby state on solemn
- We are husband and wife married to each other on April 3, 1995.
- We are still wedded together.
- As a proof of our relationship, a copy of our marriage certificate is attached.
- All the above statements are correct and true to the best of our knowledge and belief and nothing has been concealed thereto.
D E P O N E N T S
Name of husband
Name of wife
County of Queens
State of New York
Subscribed and sworn to before me this------------- day of January, 2001.
DRS. IN NEW YORK FOR VACCINATION
(For other places, please consult your local Doctors)
1. Dr. Rafiq Jaan
- The West Side Medical Center
137 West 96th Street, New York, N.Y. 10025
2. Dr. Batool Hussaini
Hillside Medical Plaza
121-02 Hillside Ave., Richmond Hills, New York
Call for office hours
Coney Island Meical Plaza
902 Foster Ave., Brooklyn, N.Y. 11230
M-F: 10 to 8:30 * Sat/Sun: 10 to 3:30
3. Dr. Mehmood Khawaja
- Call for address and timing
4. Dr. Javaid Khan
- 89-05 Elmhurst Ave. (Bet. Elbertson &
Denman Sts.) Elmhurst, N.Y. 11373
5. Dr. M. Shahbaz
- 1064 Coney Island Ave.
Brooklyn, New York 11230
Open 6 days (Closed on Saturday)
Mon. thru Fri: 2 PM - 8 PM
Sunday: 3 PM - 7 PM
6. Dr. Smith
- Foley Plaza Medical PC
325 Broadway, New York, N.Y. 10007
(Opposite Immigration Bldg. 26 Federal Plaza)
7. Dr. M. Rafiq Chaudhri
- Al Mustafa Medical Center
35-11 Ditmars Blvd., Astoria, N.Y. 11105
Mon-Sat: 9 AM to 6 PM
8. Dr. Tariq Javaid
Queens Medical Center
132-10 Maple Ave., Flushing, N.Y. 11355
79 Fifth Ave., Brooklyn, N.Y. 11217
9. Dr. Pervaiz Iqbal Qureshi
- Empire Medical Plaza
- 50-11 Queens Blvd., Woodside N.Y. 11373
- Tuesday & Thursday 5-8 PM
10. Dr. Ezra Waqas
- Care Health Center
- 40-27 74 Street, Elmhurst N.Y. 11373
- Call for timing
11. Dr. Syed Ajmal Husain
- 34-06 73rd Street, Jackson Heights N.Y. 11372
Mon. 10-2 PM, Tue. 2:30-5 PM
Fri. 2:30-5 PM, Sat. 2-5 PM
12. Dr. Shakir Mukhi
- Olympus Health Care Center
- 16521 Chapin Parkway, Suite 101,
Jamaica, N.Y. 11432
Mon-Fri: 9:30 AM to 6 PM
Sat: 11 AM to 3 PM
For info or appointment:
13. Dr. Naheed Sultana
- Queens Medical Care
87-42 169th Street, Jamaica, New York 11432
40-18 74th Street, Elmhurst, New York 11373
(Corner of 74th Street and Broadway)
Call for timings
14. Dr. Syed Tajamul Gilani
57 13 Fifth Ave., New York 11220
521 Targee Street, Staten Island, N.Y. 11318
- Call for timings
15. Dr. Mohyuddin N. Qureshi
- Fatima Pediatric Medical Care
- 25-52 Steinway Street, Astoria, New York 11103
- Call for timings
16. Ideal Medical Care
- Dr. Zeeshan S. Hasan, Dr. Ghazala Yasmeen,
Dr. Sofia Arain
85-50 118th Street, Kew Gardens
(Corner of Hillside Ave & 118th Street)
- Long Island:
300 Stuart Ave, Valley Stream
(Corner of Central Ave & Exit 135 SSP)
Call for timings
17. Dr. Iffat Sadique
- Privilege Care Medical Center
40-18 76th Street, Elmhurst, NY 11373
18. Advance Medical Care
- Dr. Arshad Anwar, Dr. Naheed Anjum,
- Two locations:
- 795 Coney Island Ave
Bet. Dorchester & Cortelyou RD, Brooklyn, NY 11218
- Neptune Community Medical
3099 Coney Island Ave, Brookly, NY 11235
19. Prime Medcare on Hillside Avenue
- Dr. Pervaiz Qureshi, Dr. Ch. Ghumman
- Two locations:
- 213-02 Hillside Ave
(Corner of Hillside & 213 Street) New York
- 295 Ralph Avenue
(Corner of Ralph & Fulton) Brooklyn, New York 11233
For Umrah topics, click at "Umrah Contents" and for Hajj topics click at "Hajj Contents".|
Similarly, click at the type of visa desired, "Umrah Visa" or "Hajj Visa".
In other words:
For Umrah: Click at "Umrah Contents" and Chapters 1 to 10.
For Hajj: Click at "Hajj Contents", "Hajj Visa" and Chapters 1 & 3 to 12.
(You are already at Chapter for Hajj Visa)
Page designed by Muhammad Yusaf © 2006
URL of this page: http://www.hajjumrahguide.com/hajjvisa.html